Worms can appear in a person at different ages. In this case, no does not matter. In the initial stages of infection, the symptoms are absent or mild. The longer parasites live in the human body, the more severe the consequences: poisoning with intestinal worm waste; simultaneous violation of the work of one or more bodies. Accordingly, if worms are suspected, diagnosis / treatment is performed immediately.
Common signs of helminth infection
People have learned to distinguish the symptoms that occur under the influence of protozoa in the background of other health problems. The common features are:
- Change in natural complexion - pale skin;
- Weight loss;
- Increased or decreased appetite in the background of weight loss (in both cases);
- Itching in the anus;
- The patient grits his teeth at night.
Where do parasites live?
When it comes to removing worms, you first need to understand which organs they live in. The helminths are localized throughout the body. For some species, organs with internal cavities are attractive. Such worms are called translucent. Their counterparts, which populate muscles, hollow tissues, and organs, represent a group of tissue protozoa.
Depending on where the worms are coiled in humans, the usual symptoms change, while the disease has a specific name: liver (echinococcosis); cysticercosis (affects the brain); paragonimiasis (the lungs suffer); filariasis (helminths in the lymph nodes), etc. If you notice characteristic symptoms of infection of the organ with worms, it should be noted that these may be spindle worms.
They represent a protozoan species that belong to both tissue and luminal worms. This is due to the peculiarities of their development: in the primary stage of formation, protozoa are able to pass through the circulatory system. However, they infect any organ.
Symptoms of infection in humans
Different forms of worm infections have different characteristics. In adults, the symptoms of worms usually occur in large numbers, but some are associated with other diseases. This exacerbates the situation as they do not make an accurate diagnosis.
For example, in adults, there are many signs of worms that occur in diseases of certain organs and systems:
- If the gastrointestinal tract suffers, the main symptoms are: diarrhea or constipation; gagging; pain syndrome in the right rib region and non-transient bloating;
- If the nervous system is affected, the symptoms of worms in a person include: headache or dizziness; feeling nauseous; depression; drowsiness; irritation, etc. ;
- Allergic manifestations: itching; colds; cough; hives and acne and acne;
- Violation of the immune system, if weakened, leaves the body unprotected against harmful microorganisms, and viral, bacterial diseases already appear here.
If someone is diagnosed with helminthiasis, the symptoms have unexpected consequences: pneumonia, asthma, prolonged cough, joint pain, vision problems (worms in the adult body affect the way the eyeball works). The list of health inequalities can be continued for a long time, but it will not be possible to cover everything. This is due to the fact that the signs of the obvious presence of worms are determined by the type of parasite (and there are dozens) and localization.
Manifestations of helminthiasis infected with various worms
The question often arises as to how to determine the presence of protozoa in adults and children. Considering the signs of worms in humans affected by worms of different species, we can narrow the range of symptoms. You should take the most common protozoa: tapeworms, dumplings, whipworms, tapeworms (pigs, cattle), and measles and trichinella.
Enterobiasis is a disease in which worms are found in an adult or child. Symptoms develop in humans based on the vital activity of worms. It should be noted that the worms appear near the anus and lay offspring.
When worms appear in adults and children, the signs are similar:
- Itching in the area of the anus due to the parasite having to lay eggs. The worm lives in the rectum but lays off its offspring outside. To this end, it appears at night. If such worms appear, their symptoms may be stronger or weaker, depending on the severity of the disease.
- These helminths cause redness and inflammation of the anus in a person. If such worms appear, there is only one basis for the symptoms and treatment of adults and children, as the life process of worms parasitizing victims of different ages does not change. In case of severe itching, scratches may occur.
- Inflammatory processes in the female genitals (vulvovaginitis, etc. ). This is due to the fact that during laying, fungal worms can get on the mucous membranes of the vagina, provoking the disease.
Such a parasite is the cause of many troubles. In this case, helminthiasis has a certain name - trichuriasis. The appearance of a whipworm leads to intestinal upset. Because it lives in the human body, the parasite contaminates the gastrointestinal tract. However, the intestinal microflora changes, causing a variety of problems: bloating, pain. In addition, nutrients are no longer absorbed, which contributes to the development of anemia. When deciding how to find out if a person has whipworms, you should first look closely at the work of your digestive system.
The name of the invasion is ascariasis. The main sign of infection with these protozoa is the development of thinness. An adult or child is depleted as a result of neutralizing digestive enzymes. Proteins are no longer digested. In addition, the diagnosis of helminthiasis is associated with other symptoms associated with the work of the organ into which the parasites have invaded. If these are lungs, then a cough, an asthma attack, pneumonia ensues.
It is called helminthiasis - trichinosis. If the task is how to get rid of worms quickly in adults, you need to look for signs of this disease. It can manifest itself in different ways: swelling of the face / eyelids; muscle pain; fever, anorexia.This helminthiasis is also characterized by abdominal pain and diarrhea.The simplest in this group infect humans during meals (found in meat).
Defeating such pests is called fascioliasis. Worms in this group are called liver flakes. They affect the function of the spleen and liver. Helminthiasis can cause cholecystitis, inflammation of the pancreas, and jaundice. What causes these worms in humans? They infect the body, along with the fish.
Bull or pig tapeworm
This group should get rid of helminths as they affect the work of the digestive system. The length of parasites in this species is significant, which, if left untreated, causes serious health changes in adults. The main symptoms are diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, abdominal pain, increased / decreased appetite, sleep disturbances, frequent tiredness.
How to determine helminthic invasion?
If you suspect that the human body is infected with worms, listen to the main signs of the infection:
- Itching in the anus
- Gnashing of teeth at night
- Insomnia, fatigue, headache
- Dose changes with food: significantly smaller / larger
- Nausea and vomiting are observed in the background of changes in stool (constipation, diarrhea).
- Allergy: dermatitis; rashes; redness, etc.
- Bitterness is felt in the mouth
- Yellowing of the skin
- Chronic fatigue
- Significant weight changes.
If half or more of the points are in the affirmative, you should analyze your diet.
Whether vegetables / fruits are washed before use, all foods that the patient loves are not fried meat / fish. If the answer is yes, it is likely that the body is infected.
Ways to get rid of
The type of parasite should be considered when deciding on the treatment of worms. If it is found that tapeworms, fungal worms (the most common protozoa) are affected, medication is usually prescribed.
Modern remedies can be directed against specific parasites or various worms. For this reason, it is not recommended to decide for yourself how to cure worms.
In addition, most drugs are characterized by high toxicity, which allows the destruction of helminths but can harm humans. In addition, there is an increased likelihood of increased side effects underlying other health problems that were not considered in the self-appointment.
Two remedies are known from folk recipes: tansy (grass); pumpkin seeds. However, the disadvantage lies in the long-term effect, which means that the result has to be expected for a long time. It should therefore be used as a precautionary measure against such remedies.